The Institute of Romanian Philology "Bogdan-Petriceicu Hasdeu", Moldova State University, in partnership with the Faculty of Arts, Charles University organizes the International Scientific Conference Modern Philology: achievements and perspectives in the European context (17th ed.), Bogdan Petriceicu-Hasdeu - 185 years since birth.
The event will be organized within the Eastern Partnership University Cluster (EaPUC) and will take place on October 5-6, 2023.
Bogdan Petriceicu-Hasdeu was an encyclopedic spirit, opening directions of philological and historical research. His scientific and cultural work marked the Romanian thinking of the 19th century and opened it to universality.
In linguistics and philology, Bogdan Petriceicu-Hasdeu marked out the language history research, outlined the relationships of the Romanian language with other Romanic languages, studied the diachronic movements of linguistic phenomena.
• Bogdan Petriceicu-Hasdeu – the founder of the Romanian philology
• Problems of translation theory
• Lexicology, lexicography, semantics and terminology
• The Romanian and Czech literature in the European and universal dialogue through values, personalities, interrelations
• Pragmatic linguistics and computational linguistics
• Classical and modern perspectives in the study of language history, dialectology, onomastics and sociolinguistics
• The intangible cultural heritage of folklore archives
Papers can be submitted in Romanian, French or English. The application form should be completed by August 31, 2023, as an attachment to the address: